Tres Pinos , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Tres Pinos Camping Reviews
Good spot to explore Pinnicales National Park

Good spot to explore Pinnicales National Park. Typical TT resort park off the beaten path, far out but nice place, we enjoyed our stay. At the time we were there a lot of the riverfront sports were out of order. Park does have a lot of those devil spikes in the grass so beware of those with the dogs or bare feet. I did see someone bare foot walking and I was confused as how he was not stepping on them little spiked mines/ thorns then it happened and he went down having to crawl back to the road and get shoes. Pinnacles NP has lots of great hikes, bird watching is a thing out here and home to the California Condors. Near the town of Gilroy home of the garlic festival. A little out of the way but a nice scenic backroad alternate from I5 or 99 if traveling north/south.

Nice spot near the river!

Clean open spot near the river. Store with everything you’d need. Showers were COLD but it woke me up! You can hear the road a tiny bit but overall this is an awesome place to stay.

Amazing dry campground.

Lot of space with amazing view to the ocean and trail to the beach. Free restroom and showers work with quarters. Firewood pit and lot of grass. Free Sewage and fresh water on the entrance.

Very cold on the winter...

Big campground because the coronavirus the facility has closed. I just use campground and showers is free hot water showers. Seems like fun on the summer I went on the winter and the place is very cold. One time visit. Staff is very cool.

Great hiking trail

I was here mid Nov 20 for 3 days. Laguna mountain road trail is very strenuous The last leg of the trail(primitive trail) is not easy to follow. Someone has marked the trail with stacked rocks. To the summit is about 4.5 miles from the campground. The falls hike is a gradual incline both ways. There are only about 3 drive in spots and a walk-in spot above the trailhead gate. Restroom is there, I didn't use because of the pandemic. All spots occupied and several in and out hikers and hunters. You can get Verizon signal at the 1 mile mark of Laguna mountain road trail, Its climb though

Too crowded for my liking But I would stay here again.

Terrible terrain for car camping

We were surprised when we made it to this campground- that it was built on the side of a hill. The walk-in sites may be different, but all of the pull in sites were extremely off-level (even with all our blocks we couldn’t get close) and the roads through the campground itself is so steep/narrow and windy that it would be extremely difficult to back in (we watched someone get stuck while trying). There wasn’t a flat tent spot at our campsite either. Finally, we arrived after dark (in November that was pretty early) and it was difficult to find your way into and out of the campground due to lack of signage. We were extremely disappointed with the quality of the sites here and would not recommend.

Nice coastal campground

Very quiet area and pretty well spaced out sites (for a coastal campground). Once the sun went down there were very few people outside. Good beach access (down a ramped pathway and then staircase). Bathrooms are clean and single occupant. Pay showers (so bring quarters-25 cents a minute). There is a little noise from route 1, but our campsite was closer to the ocean so didn’t bother us at all. Will definitely stay here again.

Beautiful out-of-the-way park halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Lots of green space lots of room for kids to play full hook ups available .bathrooms are neat and clean. There is a nice free museum. It’s a county park reasonable rates $25 a night. Unfortunately it’s closed till 2021 due to COVID-19.

Couldnt stay here

Site closed to provide alternative housing for COVID cases

Small spots

This place is okay it's just small and loud. It's hard to get bigger Rv's into spots also. We have a 35' 5th wheel and there are only some spots that will fit it. It looks like motorhomes fit in a lot of these spots okay. Maybe it was easier to get in for them? If you like to walk There is a path that will take you to the ocean. It's about a quarter of a mile walk in sand. There is no sidewalk. It is also very loud her with the freeway right behind you. It didn't bother us in the day. At night I had a sound machine so it didn't bother us. Our neighbors ended up leaving after a day because of the noise.