The best TENT SITES camping near
Toners Place , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Toners Place Camping Reviews
Nice park near all the wineries

Nice campground halfway between St. Helena and Calistoga giving you access to the Napa Valley at a very reasonable price. Not very crowded during the week, but weekends are usually generally full.

All of the sites are good though space 43 is awkward is you have a 25ft+ trailer.

It is open year round and unless it is raining hard the weather is good.

Hiking is very nice in the area except in 2020 and into 2021 due to the recent fires closing all the trails to protect the soil. If the trails open after the winter and spring rains it will be spectacular because of all the new growth. The fire damage in the campgrounds will be unnoticeable by summer next year.

Look out for poison oak!

Quick stop of fresh air!

Driving down the coast is always breathtaking, however if you ever find yourself driving down and finding those heavy coastal turns too nauseating, THEN YOU HAVE TO STOP HERE!

This beach has a picnic area, a bathroom, a small stream leading to the ocean and a nice wading area for the kids to get their feet wet before heading back on the road! I love this spot but be careful, this is a dangerous beach due to the sleeper waves!!

Green and Lush... at least in February.

This was a great campground to come on a winter weekend. Only 90 minutes from home to site. We stayed on site 3. It’s close to the entrance but the driveway only had a slight grade. Mostly folks with trailers. The sites are not too close together but it is easy to see into the surrounding neighbors. The bathrooms were clean but older… 2 of the stalls were incredibly narrow. There were showers but I didn’t look at them. The campground is next to a very popular lake. Lots of trails. A great place to bring a bike too.

It is close to town. We picked up a pizza at Urban Pizza on our way. Excellent Pi! There were tons of restaurants though if you need to pick something up.

Nice Clean KOA

Nice, clean, well kept KOA. Bathrooms and clubhouse are a little dated. Clubhouse is closed (covid) as well as hot tub. I think the pool is open but it's been too chilly to go see. The small minor complaint is there are no off leash dog areas. There's plenty of space to walk the dogs and some doo doo bag stations. It's been pretty quiet but I'm sure it picks up during the summer.

Unexpected and AMAZING

Reluctant to post about this campground because it’s a gem and I don’t want others to take over haha. We found this campsite tucked away near Gualala during the lockdown in January. Almost every campground was closed after CA hospitalizations peaked, so this private campground saved our trip! I was skeptical when we first arrived because it was foggy and looked cramped. We found out from the very friendly and helpful staff that the campground is privately owned by a group of people who enjoyed the area as children and wanted to make sure others can enjoy the land as a campground. The owners wanting others to enjoy their time definitely shows. Very clean restrooms and showers, clean spaces, helpful staff and the best part FREE WIFI!

The campground is down a small hill and about 10 feet from the ocean on a bad day. We fell asleep to the sounds of waves and could fit in yoga sessions when the tide went out. Spots are close together, but it wasn’t an inconvenience considering the proximity to pure jaw dropping coastline. Careful if you have Verizon and need a cell signal. But if you can use WiFi to access your communication apps, then you will be just fine.

Beautiful camp!

We’ve been there a few times now and we love it. We are looking forward to go back soon. The campsite is clean, love walking to the ocean. We drove our van down to edge to watch the sunset. Beautiful.

Nice

We visited last year during the virus so restrooms and some other amenities we cannot rate.  Do not go in early least you pay a $10 fee.  They do maintain the grounds so an early arrival is not good.  The dog runs were good.

Breathtaking sunrises and sunsets

Cozy campsites, family vibes. Nice brisk walk to the beach. This is the kind of beach for you if you like long walks and poetry. Doggies love it too.

Literally best campground I've stayed at.

My brother and I hit up this spot during our road trip down the coast. Absolutely beautiful, nice staff, great facilities, and super affordable. I will totally go back.

Great Location to Explore Bodega Bay

We absolutely enjoyed staying at this RV park. As several reviewer’s; mentioned it’s a great location to explore the area of Bodega Bay surroundings. I would highly recommend hiking the Jenner Headlands Trail, Pomo Canyon Trail and for a less strenuous hike, the Kortum Trail from Shell Beach. In addition to the other comments, we found the bird population to be extraordinaire. Due to C19 the campground is currently closed, once it opens you, are required to reserve a space online. We will definitely stay here again.