The best GROUP camping near
Sugarloaf Village , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Sugarloaf Village Camping Reviews
Love this place!

Almost no people, some night we were completely alone. Due to Covid, restroom are closed. Water station is just for filling up a container, no hose connection.
Very spacious sites. Picnic table and fire pit ring

Convenient and well spaced out

Visited in January so it was pretty empty which made for a quiet and spacious experience. Stayed off the river but access to it is simple and quick from anywhere on the grounds. Fire wood delivery makes things easy as does ability to launch or take out boats from the whitewater. Great launching spot for Kernville adventures!

Beautiful area

Really nice full heated pool. Beautiful views of the hills of Carmel & Monterey. Close to wonderful restaurants & shopping to drive to, as well as touring Monterey and the beaches. Quiet, peaceful setting. Clean bathrooms.

Great little place to stop & stay before heading into the desert.

After 4 days on the road during COVID in my RV, this was a refreshing place for this winter weary traveler from the wet & grey skies of the PNW. Showers were open, large & free, with hot water. Friendly staff. I picked a bag of fresh oranges too. What a treat. Pull thru’s and full hookups. Just one tiny thing….. trains at night that blow their horns. I use soft earplugs so it didn’t wake me.

Nice spot

Wide open space and only one other camper so far. Didn’t see trash in the area but it’s pretty windy so maybe it all blew away. Nice view of the lake and surrounding mountains. Some road noise but not too bad.

Pretty, Simple, and Comfortable

Visited right before Christmas and so we were treated to chilly temperatures and a relatively empty park. As a result, the experience was quiet and relaxing with a soundtrack dominated by the creek right outside our site. Location is perfect as a launch point for trips into Sequoia NP!

Everything you need

This was our first RV trip. We didn't have high expectations as we didn't know what we were getting into (other than going with friends). This place was great. It was quiet, off the beaten path, camp sites were spaced out enough that you weren't right on top of your neighbors and close enough that you can hang with them. The area was beautiful. I love the cold and it didnt disappoint for a trip in December. We are definitely going back there. Picture is spot 47

The Sweet Crack

Went south of the ten from Joshua tree found some mountains with cracks and valleys running through them found one that went really deep and camped out for two night no one bothered us we explored the area during the day and hiked back to camp by night beautiful stars at night

Sweet

The black dirt and yellow grass make this a magical place to wake up. Cell service was good enough that I stayed parked here for the work day. Only 4 RV accessible sites but there was no one else here the Thursday night I stayed.

Beautiful Campground

It is by the Kern River with paved semi level paved campsites. All beautiful except for their bathrooms. They are extremely dirty, obviously old, and uncared for. I would prepare not to use their bathrooms and showers. I would return only for the campsite beauty.