Stonyford , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Stonyford Camping Reviews
Nice Out Of The Way Spot

01-17-2021 road in was muddy, but a capable 4x4 can handle it easily. Sites are dispersed, vault toilet, no trash. Trickling creek with frogs in the evening. It was windy over night and the road back out was blocked by a tree. There is another way out, but it's a Jeep trail and definitely requires 4lo. Our '03 4runner handled it fairly eaaily.

Nice Oaky Campsite

Was 0.75 miles away from water (we have been in a drought?) but beautiful spacious campsite. Even with annoying neighbors, you can have peace and quiet. Fun, almost hidden area that I didn’t know existed before this trip.

DECEMBER 5TH CAMPING

Was cold, but we had the gear and a lil firepit to keep warm. Aweso.e spot on the creek

Lots Of Trees

Great campground. Nice location. Only complaint would be generators running most of the day from all the RV’s. Other then that it’s a great family friendly site

Snow Berryessa Wilderness - Cache Creek

Easy to reach, great in beauty backpacking trip.  Wildflowers are plentiful in the spring.

Hike into campsites right on Cache Creek.  If flow allows you can continue on after fording the creek into the Cache Creek WIlderness are where there is a resident herd of elk.

No services. Water can be obtined from the creek but needs filtering. Campsites are delineated and many have rock fire rings. I have not fished here but have seen many others coming in to do just that.  Have seen eagles in the canyon everytime I have hiked in.

A quiet Saturday at Clear Lake State Park

Why do people in state parks think everyone in the campground wants to hear their music. This is the second day of this! And they are old farts! I am done with best of the 80’s. I don’t know if I can wait til 10pm for rangers to enforce quiet time.

What could I say.

I mean We have been going to this campground for 21 years now, every year is a different experience, meaning the camp hosts, they can make it a great experience or not, besides that it’s a beautiful campground to stay, it has plenty of campground shade running water in bathrooms, has coin showers and dish washing station. The days are hot nights cool off enough to sleep comfortably. On a side note if your favorite spot reserve in February for the summer months.

Trashed

This site is for 4wheelers and dirt bikers-- in an OHV rec area. Broken glass everywhere. Vomit on our table. Bathrooms are gross, no tp, blood, and who knows what else on the floor. Trash is overflowing.

Super chill

Very peaceful spot

Beautiful drive up the 175

Great time to come here except for the mosquitoes. We’re listening to the bullfrogs singing and wondering why they don’t eat all of the mosquitoes. We’re here for 2 nights (drycamping) and then continue our journey to Alaska 100 miles at a time. (or less)