The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Proberta , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Proberta Camping Reviews
Nice sites but limited activities

The campsites are well spaced and have full hookups and a nice table and fire ring. It has lake front, kayak rentals, and a mini golf course. It does not have trails for biking or hiking, or a good place to go running. For hiking, check out Inks Lake state park.

Strict rules but clean facilities

If you need a place to stop and sleep and nothing else, this is your place! Clean bathrooms in the remodeled facility,easy pull through spots fitting both big rvs and little vans like mine. Hot and windy, but very quiet little park and didn't hear highway at all.

First Stop - Joshua Tree

This is always our first stop when we go to Joshua Tree.  It has all services as well as a little Visitor Center.  There is water here so we use it to stage going into the main park for the first come fist served sites the next day and to make sure we have enough water for those campgrounds which have no water.

I am a tent camper. Beware, the wind can roar through here so stake out your tent.  For tent sites there are some sites that are open without shade or cover. So choose your site well. ALso try to get there at least once when the Joshua Trees are in bloom.

There is a nice hiking trail at the rear of the campground and a mountain/hill to climb.  Nice views from the top.

Also a nice place to watch the sunset or even the sunrise.  Star gazing is a plus as well.

Not found on a map! Remote! Mill Valley Campground

Take Forrest Route N17 off of Spouts Spring Rd.

What a sweet surprise after spending an hour on an unimproved wash board road.. This is an ideal Campground for those with OHV's. As you pass thru a off road vehicle area on way up to campsite.

Lett's Lake was closed due to a prior fire. But the upside is that the Forrest service has provided free stacks of wood.

Bring lots of water and drive a well running car. You don't want to get stuck out here!

Nice little spot

We enjoyed a pull thru full hookup spot. We had our dogs and 5 year old with us. There was a fair amount of space between sites. We all enjoyed a meal at the steak house. After we let mama gamble as my daughter and I enjoyed the arcade, then we switched. If we need to get away for a night, I can see us coming back here again.

Beautiful campground in every direction you

This was the first time I was camping in this type of terrain, I normally am near large bodies of water and or National Forest(s). But arriving at Joshua tree was unbelievable! A huge factor when it comes to camping is always the time of year and I made sure to make reservations during spring to see the wild flowers and get good weather. I arrived the second week of March in 2019. During the day it was in the low 70s and by sunset we got low 40s. The sunsets were nothing I had ever seen before, and the night sky was lit with stars. You can see so much of the sky here because it’s so open, which was a huge change for me always being surrounded by trees. The campsites were nicely spaced apart and we had a good amount of room at our site. The bathrooms were super clean and well maintained. Although there isn’t a camp store in the campground, stores were right outside the area (7 minutes away). There’s service here also because it is pretty close to neighborhoods.

Nice place to have dinner too.

Easy off and on freeway access, next to casino.

Not for fancy pants folks.

Great little campground if you want to rough it. No toilets, no nothing. Perfect little deer camp. Lots of cows come to visit. You’re a long rough ride from any supplies.

Simple

As of May 2019, the camp was closed to the public due to safety hazards. Otherwise, it's an ok site. Bear boxes, composting toilet, trash bins, picnic table, and a fire ring. There's a trail that leads down to the creek.

Decent Campground, But Not in Heart of Park

To get to Black Rock Campground in Joshua Tree, you have to take a separate road into it from Yucca Valley. So if you are planning on spending a lot of time in the park and don't want to drive back and forth, this probably isn't a good choice for you. There's running water and flushing toilets in the bathroom. Views overlook the valley below, which is nice at night. Not a lot of shade. After all, this is a desert campground, with desert plants. Picnic tables and a fire pit. Flat places to lay a tent. Some trails go off from the campground. We chose to drive into the park. This was a good place to introduce my friend to his first camping experience. We ended up going into town (pretty close) for dinner. (Cheaters, I know!) The other plus about this campground is it's one of few that take reservations in Joshua Tree. So if you don't like knowing whether you have a site or not, you can be certain you'll have one when you arrive here if you make a reservation.