The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Lodoga , CALIFORNIA

Camping California Lodoga Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Lodoga Camping Reviews
Nice Oaky Campsite

Was 0.75 miles away from water (we have been in a drought?) but beautiful spacious campsite. Even with annoying neighbors, you can have peace and quiet. Fun, almost hidden area that I didn’t know existed before this trip.

Open grounds with a great view

For us this campground felt a bit more exposed to neighbors than we typically prefer though it’s sort of expected since the grounds are at the top of a hill. However, the view from site 2 over the lake was pretty. Porta potty and no showers, but a quiet night rest with lots of stars and a gorgeous drive in through a valley of vineyards

Lots Of Trees

Great campground. Nice location. Only complaint would be generators running most of the day from all the RV’s. Other then that it’s a great family friendly site

Smoked Out

I stayed at Cole Creek for a couple days while working in Lakeport at the end of August. There were only a few other campers, including some friendly fire evacuees at the site across from me. I had planned to stay longer but the smoke blew in and I had to leave early. Otherwise, nice little campground.

Made Myself at Home

I came to Colusa for work and only needed to stay for a couple of days, but I found the campground a comfortable spot to settle in for the week and catch up on some writing. I enjoyed biking the path along the river and fishing in the evenings. There are stray cats around town and the park. I lured one in with some treats.

Unique camping experience

The camping area is first come first serve.  Very peaceful.  There are platforms that are right on the creek where you can pitch your tent.  We have an 8×8 tent and it was a little tight, so if your tent is bigger than that, you might want to call to get exact dimensions.  Otherwise, there is a large open field for camping too.

Lots of shade and decent space between platforms. Close to the parking area, though the creek is between the parking and the camping platforms, so you can't drive directly up to your site.  Very clean showers and restrooms nearby.  No picnic tables at the individual sites.

One downfall (though very understandable) is not being able to have campfires or camp stoves, even in the winter.  You cant really cook any food, BUT the cafe onsite had very tasty food if you want a hot meal or coffee.

The camping fee includes use of the hot springs too, which are amazing.  Clothing optional, and I would say not that many people had clothes.  The trail to the hot springs is right by the camping area, and a nice little hike.

Not so happy—-

Once again I am finding those forest pictures posted are NOT of this RV park. Lot of long term residents at this park. Could find little help. Had no choice as needed to crash somewhere. No one really to help us. Never again. Got in, slept, got out. Failed to take any actual pictures.

Crowded, lots of services closed due to COVID

River near by, nice swimming hole in October if you were willing to walk over a lot of rocks. Not sure what the river would be like in spring. Nice play ground for kids. Some sites super crowded others have a little more room. Take your time finding the right spot for you. Staff okay. Little pricey and snobby.

Strict rules but clean facilities

If you need a place to stop and sleep and nothing else, this is your place! Clean bathrooms in the remodeled facility,easy pull through spots fitting both big rvs and little vans like mine. Hot and windy, but very quiet little park and didn't hear highway at all.

Great site❣️

Stayed here for 1 night and we loved the Alexander Valley views from our site. The kids enjoyed the pool and loved biking to the general store.