The best YURTS camping near
Foster City , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Foster City Camping Reviews
Good for biking and long dog walks.

I love how the campsites are all nestled in the huge cypress trees. Water spigots just a few sites away and plenty of bathrooms too. Lots of families around, made it the perfect Summer outing.

bear from ukraine

bear ok hi

Camping among redwoods

I camped here one year for my birthday, at the Sempervirens Campground.  It was such a gorgeous spot to camp.  The sites felt pretty spaced out, and didn't feel noisy at all.  Our site even had a fairy ring, so it felt pretty special!  The campground was also close to hiking, so we didn't even have to get in our cars.  Don't expect to use the trees to put up a hammock, as they are TOO BIG to put a rope around, but also it isn't allowed.

It makes a little sad to write this review as I camped here before the fire.  So sad it is closed down, I hope it reopens at some point.

Prettiest Campground

Honestly one of our favorite campgrounds. Scenic, quiet, dog friendly and close to awesome swimming holes. We booked the MG2 group site and worth the $. It was tucked away and heaven. Close to the coast if you want clams and not far from SF day trip.

Redwoods are lovely

We stayed here the summer before it burned down. It was 95 degrees in this redwood forest. I am grateful to have visited these big trees. We had a great trip. It was a nice park with a lot of old redwood trees. Fun creek behind campground for pups to splash around. Easy flat trails to walk. There were Friendly Europeans with their families, Quiet park, But a ton of misquitos! Bring the spray. We drove 9 miles to Boulder Creek and found an epic swimming hole by Cafe  to help cool us in the 95 degree heat. Bring groceries and firewood as it cost us $13 for a bundle at the market. Best Sites: Huckleberry #62 Blooms #129.

Gorgeous campground in spectacular state park

It's been a while since we've camped here but we still have great memories of this wonderful treasure.  It's one of the few campgrounds where - despite how numerous the campsites are - they did not feel crowded together.  Our only suggestion is to avoid camping in the summer time - as there were numerous mosquitos and the lack of air movement allows them to pester us endlessly.  This is a place I would come back to over and over - either in the spring or fall.

Beautiful campground but close to the road

Love this campground … a great basecamp for easy access to everything that West Marin has to offer.  It has wonderful campsites nestled among mature trees with a stream that runs through it.  It's a bit too tight for large trailer or RV camping (unless you are an expert at maneuvering through tight spaces).  Also, if you're tent camping, the vehicle noise from the nearby Sir Francis Drake Blvd can be distracting if you are a light sleeper (and you are tent camping).  But all in all a great locale!

Beautiful County Park with Redwood trees.

My husband and I are not big fans of Campgrounds and prefer boondocking, but Mount Madonna was a pleasant surprise. There are several loops in the campground, and we stayed in Valley View 1 which had electric and water hookup for RV camping only. We were happy to have the electric hook up since the redwood and oak tress surrounding all the sites are huge and block out the sun. It would have been difficult to get sun on the panels especial since we had fog every morning as well. The bathrooms included flush toilets and were cleaned several times a day. The park has showers however, due to Covid-19 they were closed during our visit. Some of the campsites were closed as well to help comply to social distance rules. Valley View loop is close to the main road, some street noise is heard during the day but is limited at night. You are allowed up to two dogs and they are allowed on the surrounding trails. While walking through the trails we say several deer as well as a Turkey Vulture hanging out in a tree looking for a meal. There is a dump station with water in the campground. The drive through horseshoe shape makes it easy to pullup, dump and pull through to the other side where you will find potable water to fill up your tanks if you desire. Overall, we enjoyed our visit and are considering using one of the group sites for a family reunion once we can get together in big groups again.

Hidden forest

How have I never heard of this place before?! Super easy to book, and “last minute” (3 weeks before) compared to 6 months out for a state park. Beautiful redwoods around although 15 mins away is regular houses. Campsites are small, I luckily got 301 which was bigger. There’s a fire pit, picnic bench, trees for shade, potable water, clean bathrooms with soap. Super dark at night with awesome star gazing. What more can you ask for! I did see a bobcat one night at 2:30 am so beware. I can see it getting loud because of close proximity, but honestly wasn’t bad. You can hear the kiddos screaming and having a grand time in the morning though.

Great escape for a weekend get away

Peaceful campground near the water and forrest. Great value and well kept area. Would definitely go back, especially since it is so close to SF.