The best BOAT IN camping near
Flournoy , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Flournoy Camping Reviews
Sycamore campground and Red Bluff Recreation Area

It's a beautiful area, the campground is located in the middle of Red Bluff Recreation Area. Lot's of nature trails. They have many of the plants and trees recognized by little name tags. So interesting and absolutely gorgeous.

Nice Oaky Campsite

Was 0.75 miles away from water (we have been in a drought?) but beautiful spacious campsite. Even with annoying neighbors, you can have peace and quiet. Fun, almost hidden area that I didn’t know existed before this trip.

Safe and fine

It says on a sign reservation only, but after driving around to the other spots in red bluff, and feeling great unease, I went ahead and drive in to a spot around 9pm. I immediately felt much better and more safe here. Had a great sleep and was on my way in the AM. I never interacted with the site host but it looks like the trails and areas around are worth hiking.

Nice lake camping

Arrived early Friday afternoon in August and there were only 3-4 spots occupied. We got our pick of spots without a reservation. Most spots offer plenty of shade and space between neighbors. Bugs were moderate, bring bug spray. Pit toilets were clean. All camps have a fire ring and picnic table and a few have brick ovens. This is close to the lake, but no direct lake access. Weather was pretty hot and humid until a few hours after dark. Of all the campgrounds on Lake Pillsbury, this one seems the most secluded with privacy and distance from neighbors. The road to get here is mostly dirt and pretty windy, 4WD recommended. This is a popular area for hunting and off roading, so be prepared for a lot of OHV noise and gunshots echoing through the valley. In the evening it sounded like there was a gun range on the other side of the lake, 100 gunshots per minute until after dark. I would give 5 stars except for the OHV and gunfire noise. But the best part, in the right season the elk herds come through the dry riverbed next to the camp. We saw a herd of 30+ elk and listened to them calling all evening and in the morning.

Basic Campground

It's basic but a great location on the river. Only issue is that our 30amp had issues, which meant the airconditioning unit could not run continuously in 100 degree heat.

Fathers day weekend. Horrible!

This Campground is barren The temperature in June is over 105 degrees. Very little shade. The reservoir was more like a mud puddle then a lake as it was drained early to support Rice Farmers in the central valley.

The only saving grace was a creek we found several miles toward Stonyford. Look for first bridge and you will see turn out.

Always a site available

Pogie point is one of my favorite camp grounds around Lake Pillsbury. Not many people camp there because there is no direct access to park your boat next to your site. Normally a spot where my buddies and I group camp and make some noise. We don’t disturb anyone, because no one is there.

It was very pleasant

There is a state rec area for day use only. However, there is also a quant trailer park/ campground right behind it. If your looking for a good place to shack up for the night I would highly recommend this place. I parked there with a RTT on my truck and had a few łocals asking me about it. There is plenty of shade as well as a park to be at during the day time. There was a $25-37 overnight fee and showers. For extended stay I’m sure there’s negotiating room. Also SHOWERS!!!

Amazing camping right on the lake

Luckily we were the only ones there as the camp sites are pretty close. Definitely worth the trip!