Camping in Desert View

758 Reviews of 108 Desert View, California Campgrounds

Lannie B.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Amazing Camping Experience

Overall great campground! Everything was well kept. There are outdoor games setup for adults and kids to play. The community firepits were also very lovely. Restrooms are very clean and each private room includes a shower.

Tent specific camping sites are not yet available but we reserved an rv…

• Sunrise
SiteRV24
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Less traveled. Wouldn't be my first choice.

We tried a couple of other dispersed camp sites before this one but they were all full. A AWD would be best for this area because of the deep sand. I did make it back aways with my Prius, to my surprise. I did get stuck once but got out pretty easily. But if had rained while I was here that might…

SiteNo site numbers

SitePerris
Kelly Anne  M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Worth your bucklist!

Super fun place to visit with the hot springs trail. Went in January with snowfall, hardly any campers and nature all around! Two nights are perfect.

Month of VisitFebruary
Steve A.
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Great KOA

Clean bathrooms and laundry rooms. Friendly staff and very helpful to this RV newbie.

Amelia F.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Another good desert camp

Gets hot early in the year so as always bring extra water. It was walking distance from a hike that leads to a little oasis which I definitely recommend going to, to beat the heat! Sunsets and star views are incredible. Nice large camp spaces.

Amelia F.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Sleeping amongst the giants

This has been our favorite Joshua Tree campground so far. If you come in from the west side of the park you get to drive through most of the park before arriving to camp. You know when you are coming up to it when you see the giant boulders on the horizon. The campground definitely live up to it’s…

Month of VisitOctober
Sara H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

So far so good

Haven't been here but acouple days but clearly this is a friendly quiet VERY SPACIOUS camp ground. We pulled in here forward nice to faces more private setting. Can tell they are perfecting in the works but that also so far so good looking forward to checking out the place on foot later on

• harmless June bug 10 lined beetle
Milagros B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

🚙 Near NP Campground🔹

Location near Yoshua tree NP.👍Great guest service. Full hookups sites. Propano fill available. We had a problem with our RV and got great and fast service!.

Amenities like restrooms and showers are very clean! 🔹We will stay again and recomend!🔹

Sitesite# 91
Month of VisitJanuary
Milagros B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

🚙Forest campground🔹

🔹location in front of Pala Casino. 🔹Great guest services. Full hookups sites. Propano fills available. The spot are big as well, each spot have a picnic table! Resort-style amenities. Nice Pool, kids playground and dog park great! Near Gas station and small market! 🔹We sure

will stay again and…

Sitesite #83 and # 45
Month of VisitOctober
Chrystal M.
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Campsite 7 & 18

We booked campsite 7 & 18 which are both double sites. It was perfect for our big group of 20 people (including kids). Both sites were literally across from each other.

Campite 7 is probably the best site in the campground. A lot of space and shade! Camp 18 was also a spacious but has limited…

Site7 and 18
s
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Good back up if JT is full

I’m fairly new to tent camping, city boy type. I had a pleasant experience over Memorial Day weekend. The dirt bikes and sand rails didn’t make much noise late in the night. But you choose where you camp. There’s so much distance I think you could walk around nude and nobody would notice 🤷🏻‍♂️…

SiteRandom spot on the dry lake bed, I think
Miles K.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Spent a night at Jumbo Rocks with my 8 and 15 year old.

I love this place! The kids had an absolute blast climbing the Rocks. The stars were beautiful as was the sunset and sunrise. See you again in the fall when the Temps get cooler.

• Campsite 068 Rocks!
Miles K.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Spent a night at Jumbo Rocks with my 8 and 15 year old.

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Nice low facilities campground

Nothing fancy. Keeps the crowds away. Found a place at 5pm on Friday of Memorial Day weekend without a reservation.