The best GROUP camping near
College City , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent College City Camping Reviews
Ritchey Campground in Bothe-Napa Valley park

Great place to stay at when visiting the Napa wine valley that is halfway between St Helena and Calistoga, two nice tourist towns. There are nice hiking trails in the park though they are closed currently (Dec 2020) due to the fire in the area. There was no damage to the campground even though the fire burned into the grounds. The weekends usually are full, it clears out Sunday evening so during the weekdays it is really nice. Staff are really nice. Be careful of the poison oak, it is prevalent there as it is so anywhere in Northern California.

Crappy app

This site was closed and the app said nothing about its availability. We drove all the way out to just turn around. Thank you for the lack info this app sucks

Great, peaceful

Great Lake and RV Park. We stayed in spot 110 with a lakefront view

IN wine country, nice sites, sweet little town, wifi, hiking

During COVID, this non profit ecology based campground supplied each campsite its own portopotty (although I believe the camp is closed down today along with the rest of Sonoma County) with volunteer donations. Camp also has wifi, camp store, excellent hikes, and a general good groove. Showers are available. I prefer this one over Bothe Napa park. Very close to all wine country has to offer and a well stocked deli/store and post office just down the road. Despite obvious fire damage in the area, the mostly remaining vineyards were ablaze with red and oranges this Fall! there is an observatory and nice hiking here. Kenwood seems to be a place where gentrification has not taken over attitude. Folks are pretty friendly.

DECEMBER 5TH CAMPING

Was cold, but we had the gear and a lil firepit to keep warm. Aweso.e spot on the creek

Clean quiet Oak Woodland

Beautiful oak woodlands, hiking trails, very clean with separate porta pottys to protect against COVID-19. Compost, recycling and garbage available.

Great for last minute reservation

I've been to this campground twice now, and had very different experiences.

The first time was memorial day in 2019, and we had a great spot right on the water.  We took our canoe and were able to launch from our site.  So ideal.  It was relatively quiet, and nobody immediately near us.  Amazing sunsets.

The second time we went was June 2020.  This time we stayed on the other side of the lake.  The water was super low, so our view was completely dried up.  Also, it was pretty noisy with sites cramming several tents onto their sites.

Either way, on both occasions we the site relatively last minute, maybe a week or two in advance.  Any Californian will know it isnt always easy to book last minute campsites, so I appreciate that!  There are 100+ campsites there, so it seems like always something available.  Plus, not too far from the bay area.

Yurts!

My husband and I stayed here for Christmas, and loved our little yurt. It was very clean, and the bed was actually pretty comfy. It came with a cot as well. The bathrooms were super clean and also really nice. I was impressed. There were hardly any other people staying there at the same time, so we pretty much had the campground to ourselves.

It was pretty chilly at night in December, and the yurts don't really stay warm, but maybe slightly warmer than if staying in a tent.

My only complaint is noise from the road. It runs right by the campground, and pretty audible even inside the yurt. I recommend ear plugs.

Awesome lake and a ton of deer

We had such a fun time at this campground. Our site was in Section A on a dry creek bed. Dry in August at least. Each day a family of deer came thru our site and were so tame they ate fruit right out of the kids' hands. So cool! It was over 100 degrees the wknd we were there so we spent practically the whole wknd in the lake. It was the perfect temperature to sit in for hours. No motorized water craft kept it quiet. I really wish I'd brought my canoe. We went during COVID so the pool and some other amenities were closed.

Love Collins lake!

We have been here 5 times already this year. We love the lake, hookups for the motorhome and ice cream! Wonderful place!