Camping in Bangor

34 Reviews of 8 Bangor Campgrounds

S D.
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2021

I love it

Went camping for a night for my honey moon it was fun nice place great price cannt wait to go again

• Play button icon
Rishi  B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2021

Camping near it all

Great place to stay. You’re tucked away directly in nature but a 5 minute drive will get you to downtown Nevada city. “Downtown” is a small quaint historic area packed with great restaurants for vegans and organic lovers alike.

• pass the train tracks is a large meadow to take a walk in. camping was 6/10 on the private scale.
  • nice pool to cool off in
  • cute train track runs on the outskirts of the sites. You can pay to take the small quiet train
Sitecampsite and glamping tent
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2021

Nice, small campground

Really pretty campground. We are here in the off season, so there weren't many other campers here. I think in high season it would feel cramped. The trees are amazing and there are about 2 miles of walking trails. The campground is along Dry Creek, which isn't dry but is covered in some sort of…

Month of VisitNovember
Jessica P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Peaceful!

Nice and quite! There wasn’t many people at this site. It was very relaxing. And the views are nice. Rangers were friendly as well!

Bathrooms were top notch clean!

Careful for poison ivy nearby.

A
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Nice spot

Clean campground, efficient check in. Lake is not walking distance, no internet. Great place for a quick stop over.

Elaina S.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

ATVs, 4 wheeling, and Nature

This campground had riding trails that could bring you to Sly Creek and secret camping sites that a quad or 4 wheel drive could find. It's closed until 2023 due to the fires. My review is based on my experiences prior to that. The main camp area sits on 2 sides of the creek and has hand pump…

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

VERY well-maintained family campground, with sometching for everyone!

More family oriented than “upscale,” what struck me was even though it maintains a substantial trout fishery, the surface tempin early June was z74 — PERFECT for swimming, tubing, etc.

Although the lake level is sadly representative of CA drought conditions, fishing was good. We caught 7 rainbows…

• North view
  • Caught on BrightRed PowerBait.
  • E view
Outdoordude D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Go to spot

Being close to home doesn't hurt. Love going during the week. Less crowded that way. Good fishing. When the water is up, my favorite spot is 396. I can kayak right from camp.

• Feeling like I had the campground to myself.
Month of VisitMarch
Ethan T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Great walk to the lake

Sparse campground and hot. But good sites and great location

Julie D.
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Quiet and lots of availability

I went camping here for a couple nights in early April. There was basically no one around. This campground is pretty huge. Our site was fairly private, yet right across from the bathroom. Very spacious. We were able to do some hiking and get to the trail from our campsite. Bathrooms were very…

• Play button icon
Bearit W.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Heaven on earth

This is such a beautiful piece of California. It is clean and well maintained my daughter who is 5 loved writing her hoverboard around the entire park there are lots of kids to play with and the caretaker and his family were super welcoming and professional. It is really relaxing and refreshing

Bearit W.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Heaven on earth

Travis C.
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Weekend at Scott’s

Great camping spots even for a small RV. This place has it all fishing, skiing, mountain biking.

Christian N.
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2020

One of my favorite childhood spots

It’s always a little busy on weekends, but filled with fun people. Nice sites with picnic tables, huge flattened areas for the biggest tents, fire pits, rv hookup areas, and a store close by with boat launch.