Pets Unknown
Contact
Limekiln Beach Redwoods Campground is located in California
3 Reviews of Limekiln Beach Redwoods Campground
Beach & Woods... Best of both worlds

This is a great campground that I would highly suggest.  The sites aren't big, but who cares!  #1 has an amazing ocean view, #29, 23, 24, 25 have amazing redwoods surrounding them.  There's a little creek running through that goes out to the water. The beach is rocky but beautiful and private.  The trail leads to a gorgeous waterfall.  You can't lose, this place is one of a kind!

Best campground on the 1

I love this campground. You have the choice of beach side or woods side. We always choose the woods because it is a little less windy. The hike to the waterfall and the limekilns are super fun. Also, be on the lookout for Banana Slugs. I saw my first slug here.

Wonderment

It felt like a secret, couldn’t have asked for more. The stars at night are incredible, Other campers had a fire lit in the pit by the water under the bridge and it was so peaceful. Our campsite was by the water and was perfect for us. The next morning we went to the trails to McWay water falls (you’ll have to cross the water a few times but it was soooo worth it) and just before the trailhead we saw the other campsites that looked like peaceful fairy gardens beneath the Redwoods, really, I’ll attach pics. This was our Mother/Daughter trip, we left on Mother’s Day, hee and it couldn’t have been more perfect. All along Big Sur this was the furthest we could go due to a mud slide in Gorda so it really felt like the end of the road and this was the pot of gold. Enjoy, you won’t ever regret it!!!!