Standard (Tent/RV)
No Water Hookups
Green Creek is located in California
3 Reviews of Green Creek
Boondocking heaven

We spent 5 glorious days here the week before the 4th of July 2020. There are at least a dozen or so spots along the creek as you wind your way up Green Creek Road. It’s peaceful and secluded. We pulled a 28’ Airstream all the way up with no problems. It’s a little bumpy but easy. No cell signal at all at the camp spot. This was our first boondocking experience and I’m afraid the next time won’t be this great. I hope you will take care of this place if you go. It is special!

Just like I remember

This reminds me of the years I spent camping with my family in the Sierras. It’s small, what I would call primitive. Peacefully serene, beautiful trees and the sounds of the creek lulled us to sleep every night. During the day when everyone was out fishing at nearby lakes or hiking the many trailheads it felt like we were all alone. Upside: Most sites are next to the creek itself. There is a pit toilet and dumpsters. Fire rings, but fires no longer allowed unless you have a portable propane one. Which we do. Picnic tables as well, most of the sites are flat and easily accessible to teardrops, pop up campers and of course tents. Downsides: The website stated water, however there were spigots but NO water. No camp host either so I think that’s why there wasn’t any, but who knows. Fees were misstated on the website as well. The sites were full every night. Dumpsters were emptied on Thursday, but full on Monday when we arrived, so plan on hauling out your trash. Then again the rule is haul it in, haul it out. There was no TP at the toilets so you’ll need to bring that as well. When driving up Green Creek Road there are at least 20 dispersed, no fee sites in the trees along the creek and some meadowlands areas. We might try one of these next time. Before you get to the actual CG there is a large parking lot on the right for the trailhead and a couple of Group sites, currently closed on the left.

Camping on the creek

This boondocking spot was a gem. We discovered it on our way up the 395, although the drive in is a good 20+ minutes of towing a rig, it’s a bumpy dirt road but doable. We towed a 30ft rig up the hill and down to the spot. There are a few larger spaces and several spots for small rigs and tent camping. All boondocking along the creek. Maybe 15 sites. First come. No hookups. No cell signal. Very remote and so worth it. Kayaking and fishing. More lakes up the road. Lots of hiking. So perfect if you’re looking to get off grid for a while.