About Giant Redwoods RV & Camp
Private
Giant Redwoods RV & Camp is located in California
3 Reviews of Giant Redwoods RV & Camp
Serenity!

The Avenue of the Giants Redwood Highway has always been one of my all time favorite places!

I recently camped at the Giant Redwood RV park and it didn’t disappoint!

Although it was early August, we were lucky enough to find half the campground empty and the weather was perfect!

This little gem is a short walk down to the sandy beach on the Eel River and has a few giant redwoods in the campground to marvel over!

There was electric and water hook up and a dump station only.  The campsites are gravel but there was grassy areas around us.

The owners are very nice and they have a small store there also.

My only complaints are that the street you have to drive down is not very pleasant. It had a broken trailer on the side of the road that appeared to be there a very long time, among other unpleasant sights!  Once you get through the gated area to the park, it’s lovely and you feel secure but going down that street was sad.

Although I shower in my rv, I decided to use the one there so I could avoid filling my gray water tank. It was a nice shower but there was only the one in the restroom near me. They could use a few more showers!

All and all, we loved it there and will be returning another time!

Gems inside the redwoods

Camping with hotel amenities 😃

Just off the Avenue of Giants

We stayed here once while driving through the red wood forest along the Avenue of Giants. It is very close to the drive-thru tree in Meyers Flat. That one have a park and play houses made out of redwood trees that my daughters love.

Myers Flat is a weird little town. This was a good place to stop, however I’d probably look into the State Park nearby if we stay near Myers Flat again. The tent site was $40 because the was three of us. It’s $35 per night for a tent site up to two people and $5 per night for each additional person.

The tent sites are right along the Eel River. It’s very pretty. There was a dish washing station, bathrooms with showers, a little store and playground. The campground is gated and locks up at night. The staff was friendly.