Equestrian
About Agua Caliente County Park Campground

Agua Caliente is located in the desert of central Southern California. Pitch your tent or park your RV on the white sand between cacti and Mt. San Jacinto. Close to Palm Springs, and the Mexican border. Amenities include 3 pools, hot springs, restrooms, and games.

County
Agua Caliente County Park Campground is located in California
17 Reviews of Agua Caliente County Park Campground
favorite winter escape

we love coming here to camp in the winter when the heat isnt too bad. the pools are fun for the whole family. the campground can be loud but its family friendly so that's a plus. there is an indoor pool that is adults only and runs on the hotter side. then there are 2 outdoor pools that are kid friendly. one is only about 2ft deep and the other goes to 5. both these pools are comfortable to swim in under any temperature and its refreshing to escape the desert heat. the pools can get busy during school brakes but during the weekdays it's pretty empty and relaxing. restrooms are easily accessible and fire pits are provided at all sites. aqua caliente is very clean so I highly recommend.

Hot pool in the cold rain

We camped here over winter break. I had checked the weather conditions before we left and everything looked good. But there was a change at some point and since there is no cell service I couldn't check. But figured it out at 2 in the morning when we got a down pour of rain. Our campsite was located by the restrooms and near a creek. We heard the frogs all night long, I found it relaxing. My daughter, not so much. But she did love the pools. They felt amazing to be in, especially after a cold night.

There are coin operated showers.

desert camping lackluster hot springs

this site is a beautiful place to night hike and star gaze. we were in awe when we drove up there and saw that there were so many sites. unfortunately this park is large and well visited so for those who look to camping as a way to escape. this is not the site for you however for those who are looking for a great getaway with the children or a large party there are group sites. We were drawn up there for the meteor shower and hot springs. although much to our dismay the hot springs has been turned into an indoor pool which was not what we were hoping for. nonetheless this camp ground provided beautiful star gazing - once everyone put out their lights- and a few great night hikes that we enjoyed thoroughly.

Beautiful sunrises & sunsets!

Waking up to a gathering of big horn sheep atop a ridge with a bright colorful sunrise set behind as backdrop as they stand there stoic against it all, was by far one my favorite ways to wake up ever!

Clean. Very family friendly. Friendly.

Nice park

This park has something for everyone. The mineral pools, Horse shoe pits, paved roads for bikes, hiking. There are hook up and no Hook up sites as well as cabins. Careful if you bring dogs, it’s the desert and lots of cactus.

Fun Family Friendly Campground

We stayed for a long weekend here and had a blast. There are 3 pools heated by the geothermal natural hot springs, one is adults only so you’re not stuck hanging with the littles! Great hikes, shorter in length but plenty challenging and gorgeous views. No cell service so you really get to unwind. Cute general store onsite for necessities (snacks, beer, s’mores fixings, geodes and crystals) but no more propane fills, closest is 30 Miles away- plan ahead. Well staffed and sparkling clean restrooms/showers. Dark Sky Zone so the star gazing can’t be beat!

It’s hot out here!

In a nut shell – This campground is great if you enjoy hot springs, short hikes & clean restrooms. I at my end might not ever go back being that I don’t like to be around a bunch of kids, mainly in the pool area, plus the campground rules are just too much. For example – You need to put out your campfire at 11pm!