Fires Unknown
Contact
Parkin Archeological State Pk is located in Arkansas
1 Review of Parkin Archeological State Pk
Great Historic Site With Outdoor Spaces For Entire Family

Little did I know when I was traveling through Arkansas that there was a site in this region. It wasn't until I saw one of the numerous State Park signs scattered throughout the state that I discovered not only this camping area for small tents only but also the historic site.

I first checked out the historic site and they filled me in a bit more about the camp. The camp is tent only and relatively secluded to one area of the park. That area is near the recreation day use area which has a playground for the kiddos. Being such a small park you are literally a few hundred yards from the Visitor Center which is much closer than a typical camp site.

The historic site is filled with information about the Mississippian tribe which settled this area initially before the community of Parkin was even through to be established.

I checked out the camping area where a few small groups were gathered and it looked like a pretty typical site with very few accommodations. I chose to settle in for a short time and take in the site with the trails and spoke to some of the locals which highly enjoy this area as an outdoor space.

All in all I would say for the proximity to the State Park information and the facility itself I will return again, I even told a family member about it when I left.