The best YURTS camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Slabtown Camping Reviews
Amazing camping!

Kid friendly. Great upkeep and sites that are easily accessible. Playground, splash pad, and pool. We were not able to access the pool because of the time of year, but we will definitely be back in warmer weather. Staff super friendly. Not one complaint.

Great lake and beautiful campground

This was officially the first campground we stayed at after we bought out Uhaul CT-13. It was perfect for our first camping adventure.  It had great views of the lake from most of the campsites. The only thing I would say we had an issue with was the fact that there wasn't a lot of space between each camping spot. Other than that, the park was great.

Perfect for RVers

This is a great park for RVs and those who love them. Only a few places were issues with our 35 footer. Staff was extremely helpful and we enjoyed the park and trails.

Really peaceful and relaxing

I thought the natural appearance was nice, it was clean but rustic. I really liked the large and wide sites, made getting in and out very easy. Hiking trails and paths were nice, but if you want to see the waterfalls they are seasonal so check before you go ….

Relax in the clean air

My husband and I camped 3 nights with the dogs an a travel trailer. The check in process was very easy and the facilities were immaculate. Concrete pads and sites were well kept. The yurts on property looked very big and clean so maybe we will do that next. The boat ramp and docks were safe for fishing. The dog park was small but sufficient for them to run a bit off the leash. Firewood was a bit pricey$$. Overall tho, super place.

A simple get away for the day!

Lake Catherine is a simple get away for the day or weekend with nice hiking trails. I advise advance reservation to secure a camping site.

Summer Camp for the Whole Family

Gorgeous setting on pristine Lake Catherine close to historic Hot Springs. I was in lakefront site 123 for one night but would have liked to stay longer. The water front sites near the boat dock were my favorite and easy to back into. All sites appear to be spacious with grass and fire pits. The canoe, kayak and boat rentals are in good condition, the paved sites and roads are very smooth and level, the office/lodge and facilities are definitely above average here and quite modern. While the setting is gorgeous on its own, this park has spared no expense on their facilities. The pool and adjacent waterfall are 5 star resort level. The climbing and ropes course is enormous and will make any kid’s jaw drop in disbelief. There’s an affiliated zip line just outside of the park. The hiking paths are lovely and wooded, and the tent campsites are on their own in a grassy meadow away from the RVs. The Yurts looked very nice from the outside. The shower rooms are large and stone tiled, however it looks like the ceiling needs some drywall attention or is amidst a construction project during my stay.

Very clean resort

Even though this is a state park, it is a “resort” state park. Extremely built up and very clean park. One of our favorite parks in the Ouachita area and keep coming back!

Natural Beauty

This campground was great and nestle in the trees. Free wifi that was okay but our cell phone (Sprint) worked great. Pool was still opened mid October and the campground did trash pick up twice a day. We had a great stay.

Great place with huge sites

We stayed in a Campsite B, spot 22, and it was awesome!! Our site was huge, with a 30 amp/water hookup, and a huge tent pad. We were a couple hundred yards from the lake and less than a 1/2 mile from a handful of trailheads. We were also really close to a fun little playground for the kids. We did the hike to the waterfall and it was great. It was very easy and had some fun playing around the waterfall. We will absolutely come back!!! The other great thing was no burn ban!!