The best GROUP camping near
Fourche , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Fourche Camping Reviews
Amazing camping!

Kid friendly. Great upkeep and sites that are easily accessible. Playground, splash pad, and pool. We were not able to access the pool because of the time of year, but we will definitely be back in warmer weather. Staff super friendly. Not one complaint.

Solid

Not the most stunning campground ever, however, I loved it! It was a great set up, plenty of bathrooms (no showers tho), set in a beautiful gorge with a beautiful creek. If you’re lucky enough you can get a site right next to the creek! Only around 40 sites total - they’re all RV compatible. I’m a tent camper personally. You’re right at a trailhead that connects with a vast network of trails taking you deeper into the mountains or directly to the actual hot springs, bath houses, and the historic area. If you want to drive to those places it’s a 7 minute drive.
Only a few cons. Not every campsite has a fit ring, there’s a heavily used road right by the campground thats on a hill so there’s some unfortunate revved engine noise pretty regularly, and there’s only about 10-15 campsites by the river.
I look forward to going back soon!

Great park

This is one of the nicest parks. RV camping with all hook ups avaliable and right on the lake with very scenic hiking. The entire park was very clean. The only con is the camping spots are very close together, but We had the whole camp ground to ourselves. Would be awesome summer hot spot

Maumelle Campground

Camped here at a tent site. Clean heated bathrooms with a shower, and we had a great spot on the river! No complaints, good spot while driving through Little Rock on a road trip!

Great lake and beautiful campground

This was officially the first campground we stayed at after we bought out Uhaul CT-13. It was perfect for our first camping adventure.  It had great views of the lake from most of the campsites. The only thing I would say we had an issue with was the fact that there wasn't a lot of space between each camping spot. Other than that, the park was great.

Beautiful trails with views of the lake.

The only reason I didn't give this park 5 stars was because we didn't camp overnight here, we only did a day hike, so I can't rate the park on EVERYTHING they have to offer. However, everything we did have the chance to explore was GREAT.

From the visitor center, where everyone was very polite and eager to help to the hiking trails that were well maintained and clean. This park was beautiful. Plus, they didn't charge a day fee which was amazing since everywhere I usually visit has a fee to enter the park. That was great since we only wanted to do a short hike.

I did notice they also had a nice playground for the kids, as well as, a boat dock and pier. I definitely want to go back again sometime and actually stay a few days.

Awesome Experience

Internet was great, spots are clean, level, and almost all concrete. It is tight as our neighbors were very close, but to be a short walk across the Clintom bridge to downtown was worth it. Such a unique experience, we loved spending our Thanksgiving there.

Amazing Park

This park was incredible. We were originally supposed to be on site 41, I think, but we couldn't get level with the 3% grade. The staff was super helpful and we found another site, but without full hook ups, so we stayedess than our whole desired stay. Internet was spotty with Verizon and ATT, which baffled me, but it wasn't great. We loved the park, wanted to stay longer, but didn't make sense for us.

Quiet By The River

Stayed here for a night in August 2020. I can’t remember what site we stayed in but each campsite is reserved on a “first come, first served” basis. You can get there and pick an available site at 11Am and must reserve it in the campground office. The camp hosts are very nice! Bathrooms are cleaned and nicely spaced but no showers. Our campsite had plenty of room for both of our tents and 2 hammocks for daytime naps:) Cell reception with Verizon wasn’t an issue. We did have a difficult time finding fire wood as no store nearby sold any. Camp hosts didn’t have any either so come prepared. There are picnic tables, a grill, and fire rings at each site. Even though we had picked a campsite closer to a bathroom, we still ended up having to walk a bit to another since they periodically closed  rest areas for the day to clean. A little annoying when you don’t want to walk but I appreciate them taking all precautions during a pandemic. There’s trails nearby that take you to downtown Hot Springs so we didn’t have to drive. I’d definitely come back here. It was very relaxing!

A quick getaway weekend at Petit Jean State Park

Petit Jean State Park is an excellent short weekend get away or a day trip! It offers 8 hiking trails and one biking trail. The Cedar Fall Trail is not to be missed with glorious waterfall and best visit right after a rainy day. Spring and summer is popular camping season so reserve ahead of time. If you enjoy the scenic route then it’s about an hour drive to Ouachita National Forest Park