The best WALK IN camping near
Cushman , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Cushman Camping Reviews
Private and Peaceful

This primitive campground was perfect for me and my dog. We stayed three nights in October 2020. It’s right on a put-in spot on the Buffalo River so there were a couple of buses and shuttles but for the most part it was very quiet. The campsites are a good distance apart, they have plenty of room and have fire rings and picnic tables. Be aware that there is no drinking water and I didn’t get phone service (yay!). There is a vault toilet that wasn’t too bad. I loved this place, and will definitely be back.

Camping /Fishing

We have camped here a couple times and planning to return again. Most sites are level with electric and water hookup however no sewer only a dump station. In the spring of 2020 many sites were under water from the spring rain.

Nice Primitive Spots

This was a nice park to camp in. We stayed in the primitive area which is first come first served. We were the only people there on a busy weekend so we had our pick of sites. Nice park all around.

Water Adventure

Buffalo Point State Park

Spent some excellent quality family time at Buffalo Point State Park. I think I lucked into my site, because I’ve tried to make reservations since then and it’s always full. Our site was not great, it was long and “thin”, between two roads. From the gravel pad there was a 10 foot area and then the picnic table and grill area. Very strange set up! Right across the road was the River/beach access though! LOVE the river, so clear! Awesome “beach” area with plenty of room to walk, play and set up your chair. The Showerhouse was in good shape and maintained. The tent area had some nice site above the river and was packed as well. We hiked, canoed and relaxed!

Nice little park

We stayed here over Veteran's Day weekend and had a pretty good time. We camped in site 54 which the website listed as a 45ft pad, but it was pretty difficult getting our 32ft camper in there. Only complaints would be- it was a small campsite, not alot of room around the firepit, and the only trash dumpster were at the dump station. Besides that, it was a nice park with a swimming area, playground, and walking trails.

Great place off the grid

Stayed here for 4 nights in late October. The park is great and very clean. Some of the sites can get a little crowded on the weekend. During the week was super quiet and more my speed. Deer were everywhere and the Indian Rockhouse hike was really great. I will def be back in warmer weather to float the river which it was low for the winter. Falls colors everywhere and great weather. There is a gas station not too far from the park for fire wood on your way in. The rangers were present quite a bit making sure the park was safe. Very nice spot. There is no service in the camp site at all.

Pretty State Park, Hard to Get to

This was a pretty, uncrowded state park in Arkansas. Nice small pond with a good walking trail around it.  The park was hard to get to, narrow/windy roads. I enjoyed my stay there and its great if its on your way from point A to point B.

Words Can't Describe

Absolutely breathtaking! A must see for the family!!

A Stunning Autumn Getaway

We camped at Buffalo Point on the Buffalo National River over a long weekend in early October and found it to be lovely. We towed our 27ft camper, and while the sites are somewhat compact, they are also quite pretty, and there was plenty of room for the two of us on this trip. When we return with our kids, we’d probably opt for a different site, but we loved the beautiful rock wall and terraced tent pad (which we used as a seating area) at our site. The Buffalo River itself is a national treasure and a jewel in the crown of our native Arkansas. The Buffalo Point site also offered great hiking trails, which we enjoyed. We particularly loved the Indian Rock House trail, which was a beautiful and moderately challenging 4 mile loop. Our Sunday was spent on a 10 mile float of the river, booked through Dirst Canoe Rental, located just outside the park. The rental and shuttle service was convenient and courteous, and the float itself was breathtakingly beautiful this time of year. Floating on a Sunday in early fall meant the river was not crowded at all - a totally different experience from the summer. Most park services were closed due to COVID, so I can’t comment on any of them, but we found it very simple to do everything we needed without assistance. Sites were easy to back into, though we did see that some are quite short - be sure to double check site length when booking!

great

great camp sites plenty to do and see beautiful scenery and an awesome float