The best BOAT IN camping near
Utting , ARIZONA

Most Recent Utting Camping Reviews
The price is right!

Very nice spot on the California side of the Colorado river. No hookups, but nice tables & gravel lots. If you have your lifetime passport for American parks it’s only 2.50 a night! Can’t beat that! I loved the river and watching the duck, roadrunners, and quail. I didn’t however see any donkeys which was disappointing.

Great for what it is

This was an unexpected one-nighter and we lucked out with a water-front site! Don't expect a lot - it's a parking lot more or less - but it gets the job done and it's better than others out there even though its a bit pricy.

We showed up on Xmas day so the manager was nice enough to call and let us know where we could get our passes & how to get in. There are some cute little cabins and a rec hall (closed for covid) and they seem to have a little community here. There's even a tiny dog park which they created a dog bath inside - very thoughtful! There was full hookups at the site so that was a nice luxury for us.

The river is a little rundown and sad looking - but people were trying to fish anyway. And although the sites didn't have a campfire, there was a group one right on the beach with a bunch of wood. Wish we had seen that earlier! Lots of dogs but they all behaved and mine got to splash around in the water.

Very clean restrooms although they are asking that people don't use them right now (covid) which could be why they were so clean.

What a gem!

We showed up after dark and the camp host came right out to welcome us and show us to our site. The site I had picked out was very small but right up against the river. The host (Mike?) invited us to change sites to the one at the very end and we couldn't have been luckier! I think it was site 19, but it felt very private but open to the water and had a little walkway to the river so it was like we had a private beach. It was our very first experience RV camping, so we didn't expect any frills and we didn't get any… but it was magical to wake up and walk outside and watch the sunrise!

Don't expect a ton of privacy (although we felt we had some where we were) especially if you're not along the water. This isn't the type of campground for a long stay, but for a shorty trip I would MUCH rather be here than in the RV parking lot type of "campgrounds" for sure.

There is a vault toilet that is simple but clean and the host put a couple DVDs at the info station which I thought was a cute touch. There are great trees along the water's edge but don't expect a lot of shade. Perfect on a clear night to stargaze!

SIMPLE. CLEAN. ON THE COLORADO RIVER.

My family (6 year old daughter, 95lb dog, and wife) were traveling from Lake Havasu AZ to Newport Beach CA and were looking for a few places to stop along the way.

This campground was about an hour from Lake Havasu and was fun to get to as we had to cross the Parker Damn. Really pretty.

We ended up not staying over here because we wanted to log a few more hours of drive time, but we would have and will in the future.

We met the hosts, super nice, drove through the park, used the potty and took some photos for this review!

We didn’t have a reservation and the host said he had about 3-4 opening up at noons checkout.

beach life on the lake

sandy beaches and plenty of places to RV, camp, or even rent a cabin. So many neat things for children too so make sure you ask when you pull in for coloring books and a junior ranger packet… keep them kiddos busy. summertime this place is popping, not too busy in the off-seasons but a really nice sandy beach, fun in the sun type of place. very well maintained and affordable.

Here are my star ratings based on my lifestyle and what I like. I'm also a mother, dog mama, and a wife so it's not just me it's my crew and i. 1 star- AUTOMATIC relocate… the property is no longer there, trashed or/and I could never have my children there and I wouldn't ever think about staying no matter what. 2 star- Not really my jam, and would NEVER go to again… It probably more of desert life and not really my style for sure…Being from Vegas I can't stand being in the desert and I love the Trees and the Green more than anything. 3 star- Would stay there again in a pinch, but not really my style, the reason its not is because not enough family things to do, the scenery, or the location… but I would go again and feel safe having my kiddos here but only if I needed to in a pinch. 4 star- a really good rating for sure, maybe needed some improvements, minor things like being on top of each other, not a lot of privacy, but honestly little cosmetic things that aren't anything to sweat and would be back again for sure. 5 star- MY FAVORITE… love the location, safety, the surroundings, big camp spots available to fit toys for my kids to play, hammocks to hang, our big family tent, cases of firewood, our suburban or RV, etcccccc….. I would not only come back but would live if I could!!! Anyway thanks for reading and enjoy every moment like it's your last! CHEERS!

This place is bad to the bone

so this place is huggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…. but it's super dope!!!!! Bad to freakin bone, talk about lakefront…. so you can have travel trailers, tents, RVs anything and they accommodate you. Bonfires lakefront heck yes they got that, hookups for sure, no hookup but trailer? yes they got that too… loved this place for so many reasons, it was clean and packed but the environment is so fun and chill. if you have a tent they have a wall surrounding the tent areas and you put your tent on soft sand, they do have some covered areas near the lake for day use but trust me they will be taken quickly.

Love this place!!!!!!  Family-friendly and dog friendly

Fun on the Colorado

Nice size campsites. A fair number of trees. Right on the beautiful Colorado River. Clean bathrooms.

Poorly managed staff and unruly guests

I booked our first trip in our new rv to Emerald Cove for 4th of July. We were sent to the very last space far left at the edge of the campground. The furthest away from bathrooms, showers, store, snack bar, pool, beach, everything! The beachfront spaces were all occupied. But so was the walkways to the water! The spaces reserved as access for all campers to get to the water were filled with cars, tents, people, even though these were clearly marked as walk ways and no parking or any other was allowed. We couldn't even get to the water! Staff did not enforce fair access. Worse, the next camper close to us had a 4 seat razor. Since there was a few spaces between us that were vacant they decided to use the area as a raceway and drove their off road razor vehicle whipping around our camp kicking up dust, dirt and rocks that even flew into us hitting us. I first approached the other campers and asked them nicely to stop driving their OFV wicked fast around us that we were being struck by rocks. They didn't stop. I reached out to the staff who did nothing. We were so unsafe with the vehicle driving around us doing broadies, that we packed up and left within the first 24 hours. We had a 4 day reservation. I phoned the office to let them we had just left and why…they couldn't care less. We will never return here.

Under construction

I have logged more than 30 trips to this campground since the 80s. Sadly, my last visit September 2020 I discovered that the store, boutique, arcade, restaurant, dock and gas station were gone! Bulldozed. There was no warning or notification when making reservations. There was no.access to convenient purchases or fuel. The campground now caters more to rvs than tents but tents are still allowed. There are bathrooms with showers at no charge. But not as clean as they used to be. Please be cautious of the water levels if you are not experienced with this section of the Colorado River in Parker. The dam limits water flow overnight and the river drops. It rises during the day and is extra high in late afternoon evening time. People often lose watercraft, boats and beach gear because they.are not aware.

Nice Amentities

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend and had a great time. Not much for a scenic view but the amenities are nice and the campground is very clean. Will stay here again.