Camping in Piedmont

160 Reviews of 28 Piedmont, Arizona Campgrounds

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Good place to set up

Good place to set up while hitting some trails here in AZ!

Month of VisitMarch
Peter H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Nice and quiet

Small campground only 20 sites maybe. Quiet with nearby hiking and biking even a little lake.

Sitesite 10
Melissa S.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Beautiful in Pines

Great campground. Driving distance or short walk to lake. No Verizon cell service.

Andy K.
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Good desert lake to camp at

I'm a fan of more trees but obviously this is the desert so that's what you get.  Good location.

Don M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Nice lake site near Phoenix

This is a great site to camp if you are like me and need to look at water every now and then. It’s popular and can be crowded. Noise used to be a real issue, but it seems to be better lately. Facilities are usually pretty clean. Though it’s not my favorite campsite, it’s a regular one for me…

Siteunsure
Month of VisitApril
Don M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Nice trails and views just west of Phoenix

This is my go-to local campground, a quick 20 minute drive, and I’ve been camping here for years! The facilities are always clean, and the other campers are generally quiet and respectful here. The sites are spaced out nicely, and it has never felt crowded to me even during the busy season.

SiteI’ve stayed at many.
Month of VisitMarch
Kira M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Open spaces

Beautiful and dark and quiet. No one out here. Close enough to explore Sedona during the day.

Siteágua fria basin
Tanya N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

At one with nature.. until they blast their music all through the night.

My husband and I have camped here occasionally for several years and we have always loved it, for the most part. Until fairly recently when it began to get more popular and crowded. People will tend to set up camp almost on top of your site and persist to blast music throughout the night or be…

• A view from our campsite
  • We took our family hiking
  • Had a campsite date
SiteNear lake, by boat docking
Chris B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Cheers 🍻

Awesome place, Campground 17 was a cool little walk to the lake! Plenty of room for shore fishing and exploring! The Ranger seems to be on it about the reservations and getting there early...We got there 2 hours early and just started setting up lol Overall solid spot 🤙🍻

M
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Disappointed

Well we stayed here for two nights and frankly I wasn’t very impressed. The Campground is really only for permanent residents, everyone else ends up in a dirt lot essentially. Nearest bathrooms were a bit of a hike, so were all amenities. We paid for water and electric. The noise level was crazy...…

Sitedon’t remember
Antonio M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Each experience better than the last!

Started off just getting to know the area, wanted to ensure I had a good footing before overwhelming myself. Each visit we explore a different recommendation from reviews or posts and it’s been amazing getting to explore.

Sitedon’t remember
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Breath taking views!

Easy in and out campsites. Gorgeous views! Close to Prescott.

Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Spectacular close-up views!

Great views of Granite Mountain and lake! Two parking sites, one with a boat launch and Yavapai campgrounds close by.

• Granite Basin lake
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Compleat package!

Such a beautiful place! Amazing views of Granite Mt, great hiking trails. Feels out in the wilds but less than 10 miles from Prescott.

Bryan B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2021

Campground

Check out the other reviews. They state the situation very well. It is a very nice campground. There is room for some large rigs.  Newly built flush toilets. Only negative is you sometimes have to listen to ATV’s that sound like giant kazoos. Did not see any tents, only RV’s. Half price for…