Camping in Horse Crossing

341 Reviews of 35 Horse Crossing, Arizona Campgrounds

Brian L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Stunning view

Finding the area was slightly a challenge but the drive was more than worth it. We went with huge puddles and mud so I recommend a high clearance 4x4 vehicle for the drive up. Views were stunning

Site9011R
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

My Prius Made it Up There!

Did this December of 2020

You pass the Home Depot and make a left into Fire Road 231 and it’s about 24 miles (1 hour) since i was going 20-35mph in a Prius. Everyone else was in 4x4 but 2WD can make it up just that lower vehicles will feel ever bump in the road. I have T-Mobile and had 2-4…

• Salmon Taco Time!
  • FireRoad 231
  • sunset even on the cloudy day
Sitedispersed
Month of VisitJanuary
Raymond H.
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Peace in the Pines

This is awesome campground, lots of room. Tons of nice spots, longer ones for RVs. Great hosts. Clean area for sure.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Family 2021 Camp Sedona

Took a family trip to Sedona and chose to stay here, Place was beautiful and people were very welcoming as well… very easy to locate and they had clean bathrooms the only thing that I did not realize before bringing my RV is that it had no hook ups but we made it work … breathtaking view and very…

• arrived
  • Manny & Sam @ 6am
  • view from my RV bed
e
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

It’s ok

Ok place wayyy to uptight ppl running the place also was really hot if your tenting like us

Siteb6
Clint  G.The Dyrt PRO User

Price is Right

This campground was brought to us by Passport America for $40 for 3 nights. It is not not fancy but if you like Mexican food, there is a restaurant right in front of the campground. Our site had FHUs with a level, rock pad in full sun.  Sites were very close to each other with no fire ring or…

Jody J.The Dyrt PRO User

Quiet, remote RV Park

We stayed here 3 nights on Site 19.  Gravel, level, pull through site.  Close to but not on top of neighboring RVs.  Dirt Dog Park.  Nice Laundry facilities.  Front desk staff pleasant at check in.  Nothing real exciting nearby except for the Meteor Crater that is worth seeing.  We drove 20 miles…

SiteSite 19

Simple Dispersed Camping

Got here on Monday afternoon. Sites closest to the entrance were full, but driving down the well maintained road, there were plenty of sites available. The sites are large and well spaced apart. No services at the campground. Great place to go off on a hike!

kThe Dyrt PRO User

Nice staff

Showed up late hoping for a last minute stay. They were happy to help. Place is under reconstruction. Currently showers aren’t available but there is sewer and electric hookup available.

kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Wish we could have stayed longer

Needed to return our rented camper in flagstaff the next morning. Wish we had more time to stay. Grounds were clean. Nice showers, laundry and rec area. You get coupons for going to meteor yet if you stay as well.

Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Beautiful and simple

I got here about 5:30 to set up my solo SUV RV sand there was plenty of light. Trees are lovely. This "lake" is a marsh, like many northern AZ "lakes". Sites were relatively clean. You can NOT drive all the way around the lake. The road is interrupted by private land with a gate and signs. The…

Aravind S.
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Hands down the best camping I ever had

I camped here in winter and my camping experience here is one of the best I ever had. It was a little freezing though.

Month of VisitJanuary
Sandy S.
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Good location

Lots to do in the surrounding area, including a winery right outside the gate. Good RV and tent campsites. Nice pool and spa area, lodge area, library and mini golfing green.

Lightning C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Fantastic stay will be back

My husband and I tent camped here with one of our dogs while doing doordash in the area

Gorgeous trees fantastic fantastic views

If handicap id use electronic chair but for others of able body its a resort 🏕 ..pool and store and showers to bot

Site51/52
Lara O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Handicap accessible?

The shower and restroom at this location is some of the best I’ve seen so far. The only bad thing is the entryway is an extremely tall door frame on top of a concrete lip that causes a big jump to get up and over. The entrance on the other side is inaccessible. The RV sites have the difficulty…