Camping in Gallups

Recent Tents Reviews Near Gallups, Arizona

557 Reviews of 186 Gallups, Arizona Campgrounds

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

The views and big sites!!

I've car camped a few other places since my first time camping here last year. Nothing compares. Sites on the cliff side are hard to get but I came up here on June 1 and many sites were open. I guess everyone who came up for Memorial Day weekend had already left. I was lucky enough to get site 35.…

Melissa C.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Great views

This campground is free to stay in max of 14days, it’s so quiet and the views are spectacular, not far from the lake if you have a car but too far to walk.

• our little camp friend
Roman R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Very clean.

Knoll lake campground is very clean and well kept. Designated areas for tents that were raked up. The bathrooms were cleaner than most restaurants.

SiteKnoll lake campground
K
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Nice site

Enjoyable site! Despite evidence nearby of past burning (plenty of dead trees), Kehl Springs campground is situated in a healthy stand of mature ponderosa next to a small meadow, which is fed by the slightly stagnant spring (bonus: I spotted a western tanager there during our visit). Each camping…

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Great campground

The camp hosts Chris and Jerry are wonderful. The camp was very clean and well managed. Each camp was like a little zen garden. Manicured very well and organized. The community toilets even smelled good!

Gillian C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Highly Used Dispersed Camping

Dispersed camping off dirt roads. Highly Used but still space for privacy. Fire restrictions in the summer. No cell service. Some groups were loud and some vehicle traffic throughout the night. Sites are not numbered, just camp near the road. Check out Woods Canyon Lake on the way in!

Gillian C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Pretty Dispersed Camping

Standard dispersed camping along many off-road trails. Quiet and clean with no amenities. Fire restrictions in the summer. The West Clear Creek trailhead is nearby, so light vehicle trafiic for the trail. Tons of available spaces with privacy. No cell service.

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Beautiful desert campsite

We had a great stay at lost dutchman, lots of great hiking, and dog friendly attractions nearby.

Houston Mesa Campgrounds

• Peaceful and relaxation!
  • Some hiking, read a book, and close to Payson.
  • my android had service to check in with my family.
  • Clean Campground and Bathrooms.
  • 2 miles East on Houston Mesa rd. Away you can drive to shofly Indian ruins.
  • 2 miles north on 260 is creek on the West side of the…
  • relax aussie
  • shofly Indian ruins
SiteBear road 8

Flowing Springs Campgrounds

Free camping only next to the road with a quarter mile stretch to pick with 2 spots. Car traveling on bumpy dirt roads with dust on camp sites. I rather pay 27 dollars to save my vehicle from damage and dust.

Siteside road

Flowing Springs Campgrounds

Siteside road
Elian M.
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Really lovely

Stars were amazing, the sites felt spaced out and private. I'd happily camp here again!

Kayla O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Our go-to spot

We love to camp at the Mogollon Rim! There are plenty of sites to camp in, but it does fill up quick on the weekends. By Sunday afternoon, almost everyone is gone.

When you first come in there are sites closer to the rim, but these tend to fill up faster than the others. If you drive further back…

SiteRoad 169
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Third trip out with the family

Went out to fine tune our camping setup with the family and a new tent. After several years away from camping, we are quickly learning the ropes. Lost Dutchman is close enough to town if we need supplies(which this trip proved to be needing) that we can go get what we need from Apache Junction.…