Casa Blanca, ARIZONA

Most Recent Casa Blanca Camping Reviews
Nice spot to get out of Phx for a night or two

Drive up to test out my new RTT. Hardly anyone there and the saloon has good food and drink.

Great for a one night stay

We stopped here on our way westward and it was just what we needed. Although the sites are a bit close to each other than we prefer, the amenities were very well taken care of. The laundry facility was one of the nicest we’ve ever used! Pool was a great bonus for our family after a long day of driving.

Exciting

If you love the Sonoran desert landscape, this will be one of the most beautiful parks you will ever have been to.

Cool spot, too much trash

The river was beautiful! The camp spots were close to the river with nice big fire rings. Just like a lot of low desert camping in Arizona it’s dusty and dry with lots of prickly plans. But the trail and the trees near the river were lush. My biggest complaint about the spot was all the garbage everywhere. Come on people, burn your trash or take it home! There’s no need to trip over piles of water bottles & beer cans, cigarette butts, McDonald’s wrappers and plastic bags.

Close to town, yet far enough away for hiking and relaxing

Another Maricopa County parks campground which is great for hiking and relaxing.

Very well taken care of. The park has beautiful hiking trails and a great nature center, which offers activities and the regional library. There are a couple of playgrounds in the park as well.

Some hiking trails are within walking distance of the campground, others you will need to drive to.  Maricopa trail runs through the park.

The campground itself is very clean, including the restrooms and showers. It is quiet and the campsites all have electric and water hookups, picnic table and fire pit. Sites are far enough from each other so it doesn't feel crowded. Not much vegetation on the campground itself, so sunshine in abundance.

Great for hiking and relaxing

Maricopa County Park in Cave Creek. Very well taken care of.

The park has beautiful hiking trails and a great nature center, which offers activities.

The campground itself is very clean. It is quiet and the campsites all have electric and water hookups, picnic table and fire pit.

There is an older area, sites 1 through 42, which offers more space in between the spaces. the newer area, sites 43 through 55 are closer to each other, but still doesn't feel crowded.

Lots of activities

This 55+ community is very well organized.

55+

Another well organized and well maintained park. You have to request month ahead if you are not staying for a long period of time.

Loosely named a "Resort"

This place is not the type of resort you "girl's trip" to. It's the kind of resort where you plan to spend all day on the lake and come back to a shower and a real bed. You can choose to camp in your tent/RV or start in the motel.

The resort offers:

• breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • watercraft rentals
  • two boat ramps
  • convenience store

There is a $10 fee to use any of their land. Even if you're just launching your boat. Emergency personnel have a base on the property which is comforting. Cell service is scarce on the lake but works great close to the resort. Only gave the resort 4 stars because I prefer camping around less people.

Ranger Review: Primus Essential Pot Set at Crabtree Wash

Campground Review:

Crabtree Wash is a small campground next to the Apache Lake Marina and Resort. There are two ways down to the wash: one fun dirt road to take your 4x4 vehicle or service road 79. Service road 79 is the same road you take to the resort and is paved all the way down. Crabtree is run by the Tonto National Forest so you must have a Tonto Pass to enjoy the day or night. Passes can be purchased at any Tonto Ranger station, Canyon Lake or most gas stations on the way down Apache Trail.

The campground itself is fairly small and first come/first serve. This campground is unique because it is next to the “resort”. The campground has toilets and trash pickup. The resort offers many things for sale (firewood, ice, lunch…) so it’s like camping out in the desert next to a convenience store.

When planning a trip to Apache lake plan accordingly as this is a desert campground. In September I sweat bullets until about midnight when the temperature dropped. The lake the next day made it all better.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt (what I refer lovingly to as a Dyrt Ranger), I get the privilege to test products. At Crabtree Wash, I tested Primus’ Essential Pot Set 1.3L. I have been in need of specific camping pots as the kitchen pots I was using were not getting the job done. These pots were impressive.

The set comes with two 1.3L pots, one frying pan, a pot gripper and a carrying bag. First impressions: love the carrying bag, pans look well made and perfect size to cook for my one or two person camping trips.

I was able to throw my plate and silverware into the carrying bag with the pots so everything is self contained. The flying is nonstick and doubles as a lid to the pots.  The pot gripper is okay, the design is akin to scissors. I’m planning on upgrading to the Primus Crimp Pot Gripper as I fully expect to drop a pan of boiling water because I loosen my grip on the gripper. Overall I am completely stoked to add the Primus pots to my camping gear.

Camping only During October 15 – April 15

This campground is not ideal for trailers as you park in a parking lot.  There are pit toilets.  Picnic tables at each site (5).  There is a $9 per night fee and also a Tonto Pass is needed. Camping is only allowed from October 15th to April 15th. During the summer, the area is day use only.

Quick get away spot

Well laid out park large sites super clean restrooms. Bit warm to hot May to October

Clean park with necessary ammenities

The owners are an older couple who were very friendly, and very accommodating. We called at 7pm on a Sunday looking for a spot that night. Even though they were technically closed they met us there, and helped us get set up. Ended up staying for an entire month, and had zero issues with this nice, quiet community.

Beautiful 55+ community

This community has so many organized activities for residents. They have almost everything you would need on site. Everything for activities, concerts, games and shows. Great for snowbirds or somewhere you need to stay a few months.

Full time

This is a no age limit Rv park. Has laundry facility and clubhouse. No your ideal park if looking for something overnight or short time.

Nice

Desert life.. Very quiet and clean.. Lovely view of the desert and some hiking trails

Okay for the day "Summer"

Really not much to brag about here, too hot for the summer season. Recommend coming here late Fall thru early Spring.

Hiking trails and Day Use

Hiking trails are well established and marked with emergency location tabs. Maricopa County park required fee. Has a wonderful library and nature center on site. Baseball and softball field, along with shaded ramadas for picnics and get togethers.

Fast get away

From beginning to end always great views from the trials. I can go for a few hours hike or all day.

Quick Stop for Overnight

Had a wonderful and peaceful night at the beautiful Leaf Verde. Didn't have much time to enjoy the amenities, however from the looks of the grounds and how the place was kept up, everything looked well taken care of.

Beautiful Views

Beautiful view of the backside of the Superstition Mountains. Most of the way to Roosevelt Lake is a dirt road. All vehicles can drive this trail. Few different lookout points with picnic tables and restrooms.

Love this place!

Easy to get a permit from the ranger station. Just email your name, address, phone number and driver's license number to sm.fs.mesa_ohs@usda.gov and you'll get your permit within 2 days for free. I love that it's not far out of town but an easy place to forget you live in town. I've seen all types of vehicles out there. Better to have a 4 wheel drive with decent clearance for some of the trails. Most camp spots aren't too deep in so it's easiest to access.

Jewel in Buckeye

Moved to Buckeye in Oct of 2018, when exiting off Watson road off I-10 always seen the signs of the Skyline Regional Park. Spent a few months pushing it off from visiting, until I decided to go take the drive up and realized how this hidden jewel was in Buckeye. Well maintained and marked trails with unbelievable views. Restrooms at the parking lot very clean. Overnight campsites which are primitive. However a wonderful and peaceful place to visit to clear your mind or soak up the views.

Pleasant Surprise

My family & I had planned to head to a different campground but it was snowed in. After several hours of driving, we couldn't find anywhere! As a last try, we went to the Lost Dutchman State Park & were pleasantly surprised. We camped for 2 nights & had a great time. Excellent trails, beautiful views, friendly staff… overall a great experience that my 3year old still can't stop talking about.

Great place to stay!

We were here for 4 days and it was a great trip. A very quiet place for such a large park.

My review

Very good amenities. Quiet. Not overcrowded, 2swimming pools, large laundry. Really suited our needs. We were there June and July 2019

Desert for days

Beautiful views, quaint little town, tons of history and scenic beauty to enjoy. Goldfield town is a must, there is so much to do and see there. Just know that the attractions do close once the heat averages about 105 and reopen once the heat has gone down.

Super clean trails with amazing views and saguaro cacti for days.

Nice views

Very nice area and very good hiking trails. I would go back again

It’s okay.

Clean, well appointed campground with showers, restrooms, a pool and hot tub, and more! Expensive and the views aren’t very nice, despite being in a beautiful area. The free internet is very patchy and kicks you off every few minutes.