The best GROUP camping near
Ferry , ALASKA

Most Recent Ferry Camping Reviews
Ok place

Right off the highway, heard trucks speed by. Need to pay for showers.

Unique

This very Alaskan campground has lots of options. You can camp at the river bed or in some sites with hookups. When we went there in mid September it was deserted. There is a gun range. This campground is on a large parcel of land so what the backroads they get bumpy. RVs should stick to the main roads.

Unique

The beauty of Denali

This campground has a great drive that goes along with it no matter where you are coming from. Some of my favorite scenery. This is a traditional State park and is well maintained and has pit toilets.

City park

This is a great lil park nice place to stop for lunch and stretch out those legs

Fantastic Camping that allows a deeper drive into the National Park

My husband and I stayed here in a rented rv for the most memorable camping experience of my life. The kids used our site as a base camp of familial safety for their backcountry permitted camping excursions. Sure enough after a hard rain, my college aged children hiked back to our site soaked head to foot after a big downpour and once-in-a-lifetime adventures. I ruined everyone's shoes trying to dry them on the fire too quickly. I should have heated rocks and put them inside the shoes with paper, but I was trying to hurry before it rained again.

We used our internal bus pass extensively, but this site is close enough to the river for taking lunch hikes along the park service road. While the sites are fairly close together, we were on an end unit and felt isolated enough from anyone else.

This was my second trip to Denali and I am glad I chose a further-in campground. I can't wait to go back.

Great CG for Denali NP Access

Please note that Riley Creek is under construction in 2020. Only a portion of the CG will be accessible and open for use and the sites open may be noisy due to construction.

Great CG. Walking distance to some easy hikes. Access to the Visitor Center, Store and Bus Depot is within walking distance.

Beautiful scenery!

So much to see! We enjoyed the bus tour that the park offered. Also simply walking around and taking everything in.

A nice cozy place

It’s a nice cozy place for a night to relax before the big bus 🚌 ride though the Denali park. Reasonable prices and great spots too some right on the river front.

Commune with nature.

A perfect Campground for your stay in Denali National Park. Beautifully wooded sites allow for you to hear nature and feel like part of the wilderness. Nightly Ranger talks add to your experience and education of the park. Walking trails help you explore the area and also connect you with the Mercantile, showers, and laundry. Picnic table and firepit with little leveling required in our site. Limited generator times but we didnt mind as it helped keep things quieter and let us hear the nature around us. Shuttle bus service is available to help get around the park. Treated as a first come first serve for site choice, check in then go select the site you like best. You are able to reserve online and it is highly recommended as they fill up quick during the summer months.