The best WALK IN camping near
White Plains , ALABAMA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent White Plains Camping Reviews
A gem!!

This place has amazing views. We came after hours (self pay box), plenty of spots. We have a truck camper but you could come here in an RV. Super quiet, has a dump station, fire pits, showers (scalding hot is only temp) and playgrounds. I even had service!

I researched the best time to come to see the leaves turning. We were not disappointed. The mountain views have been breathtaking. The campgrounds are awesome too. The sites are nice sized with plenty of space space between. This one will be a repeat for sure.

Nice trip

Well maintained clean campground. Trails close by, beautiful creek runs through although not all sites have access because of high banks. Clean bath house but no power at sites. Large sites if you have a group (reservations for groups of 20 or more other wise first come first serve. Used mostly by bike riders on the trail. We tent camped but travel trailers are welcome and plenty of room. We have Verizon phones and service is there but weak.

Beautiful Park

Lots of great hiking. 2 playgrounds were open. Playgrounds are brand new or at least they look brand new. I am 225 lbs and I played on all the equipment with my daughter. The bathrooms were cleaner than my bathroom at home. The dogs loved the hiking and the river is beautiful with the fall colors. There are so many small trails that are shortcuts around this park. After 2 days, you will feel like a local getting around. There is ice at the visitor center along with snacks and souvenirs. I look forward to my next visit.

Nice New RV Park and Campground

Located in Ashville, Al, Greensport is a jewel of a place to get away and enjoy the beauty of Alabama. It sits on Lake Neely Henry and spreads across many acres. They are building/working on new sites to expand their capacity and they are doing it right. If you are in North Alabama this should be on your list of places to visit!

Great Countryside, Close to Home

Beautiful scenery at our camp. We stayed facing the west in front of a field of cattle. The sunsets were beautiful. TV picks up Rome stations. The bathrooms were useless. It wasn't a huge deal because we live a half hour away. We went home for a shower and to get food and ice. There is 1 store outside the campsite. When we got there, a group of bicyclers were there with no masks. I get it but it still made me uneasy. Great camping but bring a bucket or have a bathroom in your rig.

Best Campground in the area

Fun, friendly but quiet campground! Perfect for an overnight stop to your destination. Very easy to get to the park.

They are in the process of putting in many very beautiful upgrades and will be a place you will want to stay for a week/ month for even for the entire winter!! So guarantee the $28.50 price while you can, you wont regret it!!!

Grandstand RV Park loves animals so be sure to bring all your fur babies. Double dog park open all hours and free treats available too!

Favorite

We camp here often. It is one of our favorites! It’s conveniently located in Gadsden right on the Coosa River! The place is absolutely beautiful. I love to sit beside the willow trees and watch the sun set over the river! The bay side is my favorite! They have 3 pools and a splash pad! I would say this is my to go to place! Y’all check out the Christmas light display during the holidays!

Great Walk Up Tent Sites

Really gorgeous park. Has a great 5 mile trail that is basically no elevation besides some small hills, that is right on the river. Even on hot days you catch a cool breeze off the river making it a nice, easy hike. Massive observation tower is very cool. Facilities are always clean and staff has always been friendly. Office does sell firewood and some gifts.

Quiet and Peaceful

I stayed here 10-7-20 as a quick hike in, camp, hike out trip. I live fairly close. The site was close to the creek and had a fire ring. It’s farther off the trail so you have to be looking for it. The previous review led me there. It’s quiet and peaceful. Plenty of room for hammocks or tents.