Camping in Appleton

20 Reviews of 8 Appleton, Alabama Campgrounds

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Friendly Staff, Clean campground

We camped here over Memorial weekend and we had a great time. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The campground store came in handy on more than one occasion.We had a lot of fun playing putt putt and swimming in the pool.

Jamison R.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Great place for a weekend trip

Me, my wife and a few friends decided to winter camp here 1/17/2021. The manager was super friendly and love talking with the guests. We ended up needing to park more cars than the park rules stated but the manager was very accommodating. Quiet campsite besides the occasional otter diving in the…

Site#17
Month of VisitFebruary
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Easy spot off the highway.

This camp ground is growing so there was quite a bit of construction debris around, but looking past that. This spot is literally right off Hwy 10 at exit 26 making it convenient for travelers. I would not recommend this campsite for true "camping". On ground fires are not allowed and there are no…

Maddison L.
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2021

We love it!

Absolutely great!

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2021

Great campsite!

Full hookups, playground for kids, lots of little lakes and river access throughout the park. It was too cold for water activities during our stay, but we had a wonderful time walking around and exploring the property. Quiet, clean spots. Wonderful atmosphere. We’ll definitely be back!

Nancy S.
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2021

No RV Sites

Head's up. I just called to ask about reserving an RV site. They no longer have those types of sites.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2021

Nice park right off I 10

This is a KOA Holiday park with buddy sites. RV sites are long enough for 44 ft motorhome and toad. However sites are at 90 degree angle and hard to get into for big rigs, but doable. Little pricey. Cost as much as luxury parks a half hour away but guess we are paying for convenience near…

A
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2021

Close to home favorite

Campground itself isn't large only about 50+ sites. Most are full hook up with less then 20 being power and water only. Very well maintained and always making improvements.

Sites~ most are spacious but need more tree growth to have the illusion of privacy. Pads are gravel but fairly level. Some…

Sitesomewhere between10-16 we were with a large group & it was every other site
Month of VisitOctober
R
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2020

Just what we needed

Quiet, clean and reasonable. We’ll definitely go back.

P
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2020

Excellent RV Park

I stayed here for 6 weeks. Highly recommendable- a very clean, friendly and well run family RV park - close to major highways, restaurants, groceries and other amenities. Popular with pet owners.

Steven
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2020

Where God gets glory for his creation!

This place is amazing. Free food free showers and free cabins you cannot be that. It is Christian based but they do not bother you if your not into that. They have a science centre and all kinds of activities. If you have kids you must go camping here. You will not regret it.

Anneliese S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2020

Very nice for overnight

I needed a place on my trip across Interstate 10. This place is very easy to get too, has a gas station on the way, and is clean. Not the kind of place I’d want to hang out. Not many shaded spots. Fit the bill for what I needed and I’m happy I found it. The people are super nice too.

Jimmy L.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2020

Great campground

We enjoyed our stay here and will be back for future Florida stays. Great staff. Pool was nice! Great little putt putt area for kids. Spots are good sized, although we had a premium spot for the patio & grill.

Rick D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2020

First Stay in New Trailer

Very friendly staff in this KOA campground about 30 minutes from Navarre Beach. Nice large pool and clean bathhouses. Entire campground was very clean and kept up well. Sites are pretty close together and some of the amenities like the mini golf course need to be updated. I would also suggest…

Paul G.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2020

Pretty views!

Definitely a bit out of the way but very pretty! Bring some bug spray, a boat, and some fishing gear! Has spots right on the water to camp!