Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 55 ft.
Decatur / Wheeler Lake KOA is located in Alabama
12 Reviews of Decatur / Wheeler Lake KOA
Lakefront

We stayed in spot 12. Beautiful lakefront location! Electric/water hookup only. Workers were wonderful and place all together is clean and well maintained. I drive through and to be honest there not a bad spot in this KOA! We will visit again.

Ok campground

Our site was rather low, as we asked for a lake site. Since it just rained, there was a lot of standing water around. But, overall campground had a nice boat launch and beach parking. Our site was level gravel. Ladies at the front desk were nice.

Highly recommend

I would highly recommend anyone wanted to camp in a clean and safe place, come here.  The new owners have worked hard and it shows.  So peaceful!

Kids loved the park

I am very grateful to the manger.  We had a long day driving, everyone was tired and we had a flat tire coming into the park.  One of the staff members help up and wow that was a big stress relief.  Thank you Tom!  The next day we had a birthday party in the park area and everyone had a good time.  Again, thank you!

Loved the Cabin

When I woke in the early morning, the breeze coming in from the cabin patio felt wonderful.  The views made me feel as if I was in a coffee commercial.  haha  I took a walk to the office and had a cup of amazing coffee after.  Yes, I believed I was in the commercial… haha But seriously, we had a great time!  Its above what I expected of a KOA actually.  Will be returning soon.

One of the best campgrounds.

Home sweet home!  Campgrounds was fun, clean and friendly staff.  A great place to loose stress.  We took a kayak out fishing and caught a large bass.  Fun memories.

One complaint

This was a pretty campground. Very clean…didn’t go to bathhouse but did see laundry area and bathroom area and it was very clean. Our only complaint was our pull through site. Our slide is on the left side and if opened would have been almost in the road. It was however overlooking the lake.

Terrible

Stayed overnight in July and there was just 1 toilet working! When it rains just a bit, the campground is a mess. I expect mud but this was awful. Way too much water lying around to be able to setup a tent. Fortunately, they had a couple spots that were a bit higher up so not as wet and muddy. Too expensive for what you get. Staff was ok, not overly friendly or helpful but certainly not rude.

Good place

We enjoyed the lake and the people. The facilities needed some attention but other than that everything was good!

Camping on the Tennessee River

Great if you want to canoe or paddle board while camping. Has a little island not far by canoe. You can’t drive to the tent spots, but there is a parking lot close by. The tent camping is almost never crowded.